Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catching Up


Wow, I can't believe my last blog was at the beginning of Summer! So much has happened that I don't know where to begin. The most profound learning experience has to be the July trip to the North Georgia mountains with 8 women who raise alpacas. We attended a nuno-felting workshop and I am totally enthralled with the magic of this craft. Layering wisps of natural fiber over lightweight fabric, adding a bit of water and voila' .....uncovering a felted design. Every time I make something this way I'm more than happy with the results. It is a much faster process than weaving, so much so that I can take breaks from weaving to whip up a few nuno felted projects.


In late August Rex and I travelled to Seattle, Friday Harbor and Portland. Ahhhhh, I simply love the Pacific Northwest in the Summer. We found a little five acre parcel on Friday Harbor with a cabin that we are in the process of buying. Wouldn't it be the perfect lifestyle to Winter in Florida and Summer in San Juan Islands? How would I avoid being labeled a snowbird? Does that mean I should also begin eating dinner out early so I could be an earlybird, too? What's up with all the bird analogies? My parrot, Huey likes the idea.


My latest adventure is to sign up for several art festivals to see how the general public responds to my work. You can check the Events Calendar on my website at http://www.surigirldesigns.com/ for the latest updates. I'd love to see familiar faces at any of these events!


No comments:

Post a Comment